Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #8: Top Ten Blog/Sites That Aren't About Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Here are my personal top ten favorite non-book related sites or blogs in no particular order

1- Pinterest - a great place to do exactly what you are supposed to do with it - pin up things you want to remember for whatever reason AND you don't need to clutter your real world with any of it until you want to do something you have pinned.

2- Twitter - I am not a big tweeter but I love Twitter for what I do use it for, not to mention finding more than a few really great people on it.

3- Wendolonia - this is a bento website that I like to follow because when I need to take lunch somewhere, I bento.  Well, I don't make cute bento food, just healthy stuff in little bento boxes.  

4- INY so I like to read lots of NY history sites, but my favorite is Daytonian in New York.  Here Tom Miller gives a detailed history about some of my favorite NYC buildings and homes.

5- Skype - i am on skype a lot talking to my kiddo in China, in fact as I write this, I am chatting with her.

6- Facebook - I mostly use my personal FB page to keep in touch with my cousins scattered around the globe.

7- YouTube - because somewhere on YouTube someone has uploaded just the thing you want.

8- Wikipedia - for instant gratification when you need to know something.

9- Photobucket - to fix up those nice graphics and photos for my blog and for other projects I am working on.

10- The New York Times - even though I get the paper delivered, I find I use the Times website at least once a day, mostly for archived information, especially old book reviews and recipes.

What are your favorite non-book related place on the web?

12 comments:

  1. Loved looking through your list. Pinterest is my addiction too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by, Tanya. I know what you mean about Pinterest. I thought your top ten list was awesome.

      Delete
  2. I've bookmarked the New York site. Lots of detail there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Daytonian in New York. I have been reading it since it began. So much history about building I am so familiar with and know nothing about. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

      Delete
  3. Love your list, Alex. Pinterest and Twitter are on my Top Ten too :)
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your list, which was great, check out all the places you list. What fun!

      Delete
  4. Interesting choices - I love Pinterest and Twitter, but have never used Photobucket or Skype so need to check those out. My son is in Australia so Skype would be handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, Skype is the best. I skype with my kiddo everyday practically and it isn't just IMing, you can can and have video chats, which is really nice when the person is so far away - China and Australia. Best of all - it's free!! And the peace of mind is wonderful. Do look into it with your son, especially nice for getting to know grandchildren.

      Delete
  5. Where on earth do you find the time?
    Does your day have 48 hours? :<)
    I find that 'just' writing my blog, and reading other blogs takes tons of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating sites! I don't think I have ever heard of Bento before. Now I am curious and will have to find out about it! I love Pinterest- but don't have as much time to enjoy it as I would like!

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far I have been active with Semphi. Lots of idea have been shared by people and i think someday it is going to be a huge hit. Visit this link Semphi if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete