Thursday, November 10, 2016

Some Favorite Books About Resistance - Nonfiction and Fiction

I've been reading a lot about resistance in World War II lately and I began to wonder how many books I have read where I used that as a keyword.  Turns out, it was quite a few books.  I've always admired the people who chose to resist the Nazis.  Whether it was done as part of a resistance group or as individual acts of resistance, it must have taken a lot of courage to go up against such a large, well-organized, well-armed government known for its cruel treatment of anyone who wasn't like them, e.g. Aryan. And as much as I have admired those who resisted, I have also wondered what I would have done.  Hopefully, the right thing.

(I know I included Women Heroes of World War I, I felt it was just that important to do so.)

Currently Reading: Women Heroes of World War II: The Pacific Theater by Kathryn J. Atwood



Next Resistance Novel: The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman


Do you have a favorite resistance book?

2 comments:

  1. That's a very good book list. I've also been thinking about that era, and have a few books on my list that I mean to read, and I recently wrote about a little-known woman who was a resistance hero in Paris.
    http://hero-or-antihero.blogspot.com/2016/11/france-bloch-serazin.html

    ReplyDelete